Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Easy Strawberry Cake tastes and looks like a bakery cake, but is easier than from-scratch! It's full of fresh strawberries in the cake and the icing. This cake is 'easy' because it starts with a cake mix, but don't worry unless you tell noone will ever know!
- 1 pkg white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz) pkg strawberry jello
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed or finely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I always use canola)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 3 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, mashed or chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray pans with non-stick spray. Place the cake mix, jello, strawberries, oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl. Mix 3 minutes, stopping to scrap down sides of bowl a couple times. Divide the batter evenly among layer pans or pour into 9x13 inch pan. For 9x13 pan bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cook layers according to directions on box of cake mix.) Remove cake and cool completely.
- For Cream Cheese Frosting: Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Sift sugar and add one cup full at a time to cream mixture. Add strawberries and incorporate completely. Pour over cake and smooth out covering entire cake layer.