CROCK POT CREAMY BANANA FRENCH TOAST
4 hours 10 mins
Full of amazing flavors, this French Toast is loaded with bananas and it's baked in the Crock Pot.
Author: Katerina Petrovska
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 (10-inch) French baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4-ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 to 4 bananas, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into thin slices
- Honey, optional
- Lightly grease a 6.5-quart (or larger) crock pot with cooking spray.
- Spread cream cheese on both sides of all bread slices and arrange slices in a single layer on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer banana slices over the bread slices. and sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Arrange butter slices over the top and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs using a whisk or egg beaters.
- Add milk, honey, cinnamon , nutmeg and vanilla extract; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- The liquid should not cover the bread slices, but it should come up about three-quarters of the way up. If it's less than that, add more liquid.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Remove lid and, if not using immediately, set the dial to "warm".
- Transfer to plates, drizzle with honey and serve.
Serving size: 171 grams (6 ounces) Calories: 388 Fat: 19.7 Carbohydrates: 42.6