- Place chicken breasts, broth, garlic and onion in a skillet and bring just to a boil over medium high heat, turn heat down to medium, cover and simmer until pink is gone – about 15-20 min.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork and set aside. Reserve the broth (this should equal about 1 cup, but if it doesn’t add enough canned broth to equal a cup).
- Melt the butter and pour over stuffing mix in a bowl and whisk with a fork to blend.
- Spread half of the stuffing/butter mixture in a large casserole dish or glass 9 x 13” pan.
- Blend the soup, sour cream and reserved broth together with a wire whisk.
- Place shredded chicken over the layer of stuffing mix. If using broccoli, spread this over the chicken.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken, then top with the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 30 min at 350°. Serve and enjoy!