- Makes 8 Servings
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups half and half (or 2 cups of milk and 2 cups of heavy cream)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 large carrot, peeled and chopped small
- 8 cups broccoli florets (about 2 heads)
- 5 cups grated cheddar cheese (about 16 ounces)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the butter, onion, and garlic on about medium heat until tender.
- Slowly add the half and half and chicken stock. Mix the corn starch with a little bit of water until there are no clumps and add it to the rest. Add the nutmeg and bay leaves and cook on medium low until thickened.
- Add the carrot and broccoli and simmer until tender. Discard the bay leaves. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- (Recipe adapted from Food Network Kitchens)
Recipe adapted from http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2013/12/panera-bread-broccoli-cheddar-soup.html