- Lemon cake mix
- 12oz can of Mountain Dew
- 1 TBS lime rind
- 1# powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of shortening
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 2 TBS of Mountain Dew (add more if needed)
- Drop of green food coloring
- Lemon candy for decoration
- Mix the Mountain Dew into the cake mix and stir well.
- Add the lime rind and mix.
- Bake as per box instructions.
- While the cupcakes are cooling mix the frosting and add the food coloring to make a light green color.
- Frost the cupcakes and add a lemon candy (I used lemonheads) as a decoration.
Read more at http://mummydeals.org/mountain-dew-cupcake-recipe/#zDKp3Et1TZglOx1S.99