3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup maple sugar or packed brown sugar
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1-1/2 cups dairy sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. For streusel mixture: In a medium bowl, stir together the 3 tablespoons flour, the 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and the cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 3 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Stir in 3/4 cup of the nuts; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the 3/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in granulated sugar and the 1/2 cup maple sugar or brown sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, and the baking powder. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with the streusel mixture. Spoon remaining batter over streusel mixture.
4. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
5. For icing: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and maple syrup; drizzle over warm or cooled cake. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup nuts. Serve warm or cooled.
6. Makes 16 servings
7. Bake-ahead tip: Prepare as directed. Completely cool cake; do not drizzle with icing. Place in a freezer bag or airtight container. Seal and freeze for up to 4 months. To serve, thaw at room temperature for several hours. Drizzle with icing.
Calories401, Total Fat (g)21, Saturated Fat (g)10, Cholesterol (mg)76, Sodium (mg)148, Carbohydrate (g)50, Fiber (g)1, Protein (g)6, Vitamin A (DV%)0, Vitamin C (DV%)0, Calcium (DV%)7, Iron (DV%)9, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet