2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 pound pre-sliced sweet peppers (about 1/2-inch-wide strips)
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated pizza dough
1 jar (16 ounces) medium-hot salsa
3 cups shredded taco-cheese blend
1 can (2.2 ounces) sliced black olives, drained (about 1/4 cup)
3 large scallions, trimmed and sliced
1. Heat oven to 375°. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, ground beef and garlic salt; cook, stirring to break up clumps of beef, until the peppers are soft and beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat from skillet.
3. Remove pizza dough from tubes. Cut the dough crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide slices, then cut each slice into quarters.
4. In large bowl, toss together dough pieces and salsa. Add cooked meat mixture, 2 cups of the taco-cheese blend and olives. Scrape mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup taco-cheese blend over the top.
5. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle scallions evenly over the top. Bake an additional 5 minutes.