1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 Tbs Butter
4 Cooked crisp bacon, crumbled
2 Tbs Fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Large eggs, beaten
1/4 tsp Dried oregano leaves, crushed
6 Fresh large red tomatoes, 3"
1 Small yellow onion, chopped
1 Medium green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
1/4 tsp Dried basil
1 cup Cooked long grain white rice
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut a slice from top of each tomato; scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact and reserving pulp.
3. Sprinkle inside of tomato shells lightly with salt; invert to drain.
4. Chop tomato pulp; set aside.
5. Sauté green pepper and onion in butter; add tomato pulp, cheese, egg, bacon, rice, basil, oregano and salt; stir well.
6. Spoon mixture into tomato shells and place in a shallow baking dish.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes; garnish with parsley.